Monday, September 27, 2010

True Friends

Ok, If you are reading this, it is time for me to be serious and post a blog about something that truly effects me. I am writing this blog about the bonds of friendship you may share with those you consider really close to you.

Think really hard about this: Who are the people you consider to TRULY be your friends? I'm not talking about the kind of friend you say hello to when you see them out in public. I mean the people you consider family. The friends that are so dear to you that you would gladly give the shirt off of your back for them. I have been blessed to have a few of these friends in my life. I honestly owe alot to all of them. I would like to mention just a few of these people and how they have made me who I am today.

This first letter is to my best friend Tyler. He has played a huge role in making me who I am today.

Dear Tyler,

 Well I guess the main thing i want to say to you is this. Keep on keeping on. You are like the brother I never had. Your friendship means more to me than you could ever imagine. You and Ashley are a daily reminder of why I am the way I am. You never let anyone come between either of you. You once told me that in a relationship "If someone can't accept you for who you are and who you are with, then they really don't matter." It is because of you, and the support that you give me, that I have the desire to do anything I possibly can to better my life.


Secondly, to Mr. Matt. Life may have thrown you a fast ball, but you never let that get you down. The fact that you are in a wheelchair doesn't mean you can't live life to the fullest. Don't ever let anyone tell you that they are better than you. You have to be one of the strongest people I have ever had the opportunity to get to know.

Dear Matt,

It's not every day that you find a friend as nice as you are. I know we have never even seen one another in person, but I want you to know that I do consider you a true friend. You once told me to never listen to other people's criticism. You said to me: "Don't let other people tell you what you can't do. Don't let their criticism get you down" I truly want to thank you for being a true friend to me.


Dear Lucas,

What can I say. You are like my brother....from another mother. I honestly admire the way you don't let others really get to you. I have seen multiple times where someone is trying to upset you, and you just let it go. I really wish I could be more like you in that aspect. Hey, we all have different aspects of our personality that are different. That, however, is one aspect I would like to change about myself. Because of you and the talks we have had, you make me want to be more like you. You told me that no matter what happens, "Just be yourself. Don't ever try to be someone you aren't." I think about that EVERY day. All you have to do is just be yourself, and if people don't like it, then they arent someone you need as a friend.


For you Brooke, all I can say is thank you. You have been there for me through alot of different things. I truly value your friendship, and I am proud to call you my sister.

Dear Brooke,

I know I talk to you daily, but I never get tired of hearing your voice. When I really need someone to talk to, you always seem to be there. Your friendship means more to me than you can possibly imagine. It was you who told me to never give up on my dreams. If I have a dream, I should go after it. Because of the support you give me, I truly want to do everything I possibly can to make my life better. I want to persue all of my dreams, and I know that in doing so, you will be there for me, making sure I don't let the little things bother me. Making sure I don't give up on a dream. You truly are family to me, and I thank God daily that I got the chance to get to know you.


All I am saying is this. If you know of someone that you truly consider a friend. Make sure they know exactly what they mean to you. If you should leave this earth, don't ever leave any doubt in their mind. Don't even give them a sliver of a reason to doubt your friendship. Make sure they always know exactly what they mean to you. Show them as often as you can, that no matter what happens, you will be there for them. That your friendship mean absolutely everything to you.


I would like to thank you all for reading this. This is something I have been wanting to say for a few days now.

I just want you all to remember this: "A friend is one who comes in, when the whole world has gone out"

No comments:

Post a Comment